Go down
View user profile

Disengagement Issues

on Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:39 am
Mac OS, latest version. Somiibo, v0.2.23

Problem: Disengagement says it has unfollowed 800+ accounts in Somiibo, but when I check on Instagram it has actually unfollowed very few.

I think it is down to this reason I found online: Instagram limits the amount of accounts you can unfollow in an hour to 60.

When I test this myself, it appears to be true. I can hit unfollow on an account and the button state changes, but when I refresh the feed the account has NOT been unfollowed.

So my question is:

If Somiibo has unfollowed 800 accounts, but only 60 of them registered as officially unfollowed in Instagram - will Somiibo know to check those accounts again or am I now stuck with 740 accounts I can't disengage?

Basically, I want to keep running disengagement at 60 per time, until all those accounts are unfollowed.

• Feature request: Allow an option in the disengagement settings to limit how many accounts it unfollows per hour.
Admin
View user profilehttps://somiibo.com

Re: Disengagement Issues

on Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:18 pm
Hi there thank you for the detailed report and for your detective work on this. This may be the case but unfortunately some accounts have more restrictions than others so there's no way of telling for sure.

I will work on adding the unfollow limit because I think thats a great idea! Stay tuned
View user profile

on Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:25 am
Hi Ian

Thanks for replay, but I still don't have an answer to this question:

If Somiibo has unfollowed 800 accounts, but only 60 of them registered as officially unfollowed in Instagram - will Somiibo know to check those accounts again or am I now stuck with 740 accounts I can't disengage?

Basically, am I going to have to go through manually to remove those accounts? OR can I force Somiibo to check them again?

If Somiibo can just rescan all those accounts it will save me a lot of time and hassele!
Admin
View user profilehttps://somiibo.com

on Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:10 pm
This is feature is realtively new so there is no automatic solution for this just yet. I will look into adding a fix for this in the near future thanks for letting me know.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum